Thursday, August 26, 2010

Home Coming...!


Since I have reached the age of reasons, I have always considered Siliguri as my native town. In a way I'm not wrong cause my parents are from that place. But I was born in Bhilai, a small but well developed steel city. After Madhya Pradesh got divided into Chattisgarh, the name didn't helped to develop any acceptability from my side, I was always in my heart of hearts use to be ashamed of it. After my Delhi trip became frequent and I got a taste of this metro life things became even worse. When "Sasural Genda phool" ( Song from the movie Delhi 6) released, I flaunted that song as my song. I took great pride in telling my friends that it's a Chattisgarhi song. Watching Peepli [Live] might be emotional for many of my friends, but for me it is a coming of age moment, where I could come forward and tell every one yes I am a small town girl and yes I am from Chattisgarh, the very place from where Natha came, that the song "Mehngai dayain " is hauntingly similar to the one my maidservant use to humm. Some how watching this movie and it's irony has moved me from within. There is something amazingly beautiful about the word "Home". It has been 2 years since I ve been to my Home in Bhilai. My parents visit me quite often here, but it's just not as same as me going there. To give me a feel of Home...my Real Home.

P.S: I remember an old song of Boyzone sung by Late Stephen Gately

Here I stand in the northern rain,
And I can't believe I am home again,
And I can't believe how nothing's changed,
I'm finding my way.
Old park bench,where I carved my name,
But now it doesn't stand alone.
'cause now the trees have over grown,
Many a road that I have traveled,that had led me astray,
Here's where my heart's gonna stay.

This is where I belong,
This is where I come from,
No need to shed my tears,
Or face my fears anymore.Ah...

No comments:

Post a Comment