Friday, August 27, 2010

Missing my Nieces & Nephew




Life changes so fast, only last year during Raksha bandhan me & my sister was planning a huge feast as it was my nephews first rakhi. The plan consist of stitching new lehenga choli for my little nieces (Mishtu & Mithu) and ofcourse a new paanjabi and paijama for Ivan (nephew). As me & Mumpi ( my elder sister) never had any brother ( all our cousin bro lives too far to be celebrated) neither did we missed one, we were all to happy knotting the rakhi around our little poodle Wesley when we were young. Neways coming back to the point, we dressed up the girls cooked all the delicacies and was waiting for Ivan ( my nephew who was only 1 year old at that time) to wake up. They girls were looking so damn pretty & they kept posing like models for me to click. But as the luck had it Mr Ivan kept sleeping till the girls eyes became droopy. In the end they tied the knot around sleeping Ivan's hand and went off to sleep themselves. Life was so much fun then, I use to look forward to my Dwarka trips ( My sis lived their). My sis stayed in Delhi for almost 8 month after Ivan was born, while Dada ( i.e Bro in law ) was in US. We had such fun during those 8 months. We use to go shopping with the Kiddos and had our own girls day out. Those where one of the best phases of my life. As I was jobless and almost had nothing better to do. My only aim was to rush to Mumpi and spent times with the kiddos. But then I've always known that this bliss will be over soon. I've known once I start going to office my trips will be infrequent. I never wanted to miss spending time with them knowing they will leave soon for US. I simply didn't knew it than how much I'll miss them. The timing of my job was perfect. They left for US after I joined Times. Otherwise I would have gone crazy. It has been 9 months now since I've last seen them. Some how watching their pictures in FB or Orkut is not enough. Kiddos are growing so fast. Ivan has already learned to kick a ball and Mithu is rhyming new poems, where as Mishtu is turning out to be soooo brainy, that I've to start doing my homework before I can talk to her. This years rakhi reminded me of what a dead pan occasion it is. No Offence Bhaiyaaaaaaaaasssssss & Behanasssss.

PS: In the 1st picture Mishtu is holding Ivan, whereas in the second one Mithu & Mishtu are seen posing.

No comments:

Post a Comment