Monday, October 4, 2010

Ding Dong Deng-eee

OK so all plans went down in dumps I am not going home for pujo courtesy Mr Mrinal Roy who contracted Dengue. Of course like any lawfully wedded wife I am feeling sorry & concerned for my better half and I want him to be fit as a horse soon. But God Dammit I am feeling sorry for myself more than anybody (does that make me any lesser wife). I am downright horrendously not happy about not able to go to Bhilai. I am slightly angry with him for his disease. But more than that I am I simply unable to believe my God damn luck. After dreaming for ages about this trip, when I was a week away from it WOSH..this so called Dengee comes from nowhere to spoil my plans. More than that I have to really request my boss for this holidays, I cajoled him claiming not much work will happen during Commonwealth Games & all that. The very next day Hubby got down with fever & I am now sitting at home & hospital nursing him out if it & spending my so called holiday this way. URGGHHH. OK more than that this is a very peculiar disease. Their is no straight forward treatment of Dengue, all you can do is do your platelet counts to check whether its falling or not and give the patient some vitamins and paracetamol that's it. This makes it even worse, he seems all right to me some times. Though his platelets are below normal I know, but I still kept doubting him hoping it will be cured before 9th. We haven't canceled our bookings yet but I know, his weakness will sustain till than. More than that the word "Dengue" has been blown out of proportion my media. Delhi being the breeding ground of it. I am receiving calls from around the country giving their tips & worldly advices. & nobody is inquiring about my broken heart ....Alas!

3 comments:

  1. oh that is really sad!!! don't worry..hope that u can go home for your much awaited trip..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dont worry....plan it out for Kali pujo if possble...will go together....ar tarpor shara bhlai e shanghatik fatafati...ki bolish...for now take care of urself n don b so sad....we will rock during kali pujo.... ki bolish???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanx girls for lifting my mood up..Pupai i'll not be able to make it for Kali pujo, so we need to meet to do that shanghatik fatafati thingie in Delhi soon.

    ReplyDelete