Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Summer Time

The past couple of week has gone by as usual, on this lazy Sunday I sit cross-legged on the floor rummaging through the piles of memories stocked up in every nook and corner of my room. The intent to start rearranging and reallocating lead to me to rubble of stuff I kept storing here & there. The old torn pages of books, the pages scribbled with some long forgotten poems, the fine layer of dust over the photographs pulls at heartstrings every now & then. I am almost roaring up with laughter after every minute, while going down memory lane. I've a small bamboo box full of nail-paints. For those who know me, they know, I've a ghastly pair of feet. No matter how much I spend on pedicures, they've remained stubbornly the same over the year. I can't help myself when I see a nice color, I love those 'aqua' colors girls are gratifying themselves with. Because they look so horrid on me, I never had the courage to try them in public. So what do I do, I put them on when hubby is intently watching soccer at night, and have them remove during the day. I've stored up heaps of lovely colors red, yellow, aqua, turquoise and many more in my little bamboo box,  for a time when I'll be confident enough to carry them off. Just a little change here and there lifts ones feeling so much isn't it and I strongly believe that drowsing in ones comfort zone is not good for anybody. Like any girl a shopping spree lifts my spirit, now with the advent of online shopping it has increased manyfolds. Though half of the time I end up buying clothes i'll never wear and things i'll never use. Like the other day I brought this white lace top, very classy, simple yet chic kind, my reason for buying it is I've not worn lace since my childhood. I don't remember wearing lace once I've left my school, now I know that made me sound like some granny, but there was a time I went ballistic over Cotton. I still am, in a way, but that didnt stopped me for this lacey purchase. So the top proudly hang on my wardrobe ready to be worn. I love summers, there is a fresh energy in the air, the bright sunshine, the juicy watermelons, the holiday moods set my spirit soaring high. BTW the only rearrangement that took place on Sunday is putting a bunch of carnations on a corner. I lost myself in certain tidbits as usual.

Disclaimer: The picture posted in the Blog is not of the Blogger *signs*.

No comments:

Post a Comment